Tue, 04/02/2020 - 13:30 to 14:30
- Tue, 11/02/2020 - 12:30 to 13:30
- Mon, 17/02/2020
- Tue, 18/02/2020 - 12:30 to 13:30
- Mon, 24/02/2020
- Tue, 25/02/2020 - 12:30 to 13:30
- Location:Danciger B building, Seminar roomWed, 26/02/2020 - 12:00 to 13:30Lecturer: Prof. Michael Wilkinson from the Open University
I shall give theoretical explanations of
two experimental observations of universal
behaviour in semiconductor systems.
The fist concerns the dependence of
photoconductivity $G$ upon light intensity $I$.
It is typically found that $G=I^\gamma$. Simple kinetic
theory indicates that we should expect
$\gamma=1$ or $\gamma=1/2$, but experimentally
values close to $\gamma =3/4$ or $\gamma=2/3$
are often observed, with $I$ varying over several decades.
- Tue, 03/03/2020 - 12:30 to 13:30
- Sun, 08/03/2020 to Mon, 09/03/2020
- Tue, 10/03/2020 to Wed, 11/03/2020